Tuesday 24 January 2012

Number Two in my all time top five

In at number Two is Deftones.
I love them.
They have the greatest sound ever.
One of my guitars has been down tuned to drop C ever since the release of white pony.
I almost bought a seven string, then an eight string, just so I could play all their songs.
I love the sound of Stephen Carpenters guitar.
The trip hop drums.
Chinos voice is just amazing.
I have the side projects he's been involved with as well.
The Fantastic Team Sleep and Crosses.
As a band they have a sound that has evolved with my musical tastes.
They always seem to meet my needs musically.
The first two where during the Nu metal craze and broke the mould.
The Deftones wasn't just another dumb nu metal band.
Even though  nu metal had its time and place.
The last four are more mature and suit my grown up listening tastes.
lost of epic sounding songs.
They haven't let me down yet.
I have seen them live so many times.
Each show is just wall to wall greats.
I even got to see Team Sleep live at a festival years back.
Most of my wardrobe is Deftones T-shirts or hoodies.
My gig bag used to be covered in Deftones patches till it fell of my back and I had to get rid of it.
The best Deftones song?
Almost anything of the last four albums.
The worst?
I'm not going to say, but its on saturday night wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment