Saturday 4 February 2012

When I grow old

I turned Twentynine the other day.
Not one of the land mark ages.
Last chance to be in your twenties before your in you thirties.
I have a plan to go to one last festival this year before I'm thirty.
Anyway,
the new rock sound is out.
I wont go on about how much I hate Skrillix.
I'm pretty sure we all hate him.
I'm almost convinced that people just pretend to like him because someone decided he was hip.
But anyway,
Rock sound is one of my favourite music magazines.
The only other one I read is Stool Pigeon.
But there are less bands in that, that I can relate too.
Rock Sound always has a free cd on the cover.
This is great for discovering new bands.
One of the things I do is that as I listen I cross of the ones that I don't like.
Normally its only one or two.
This months it was more than half.
I picked up the pile,
what do you do with free cd's of the front of magazines you don't want to keep?
and checked.
the number has risen over the past few months or so.
It seems I like less and less new music.
Is this a sign of getting old?
God I hope not.
I need that high of discovering new music.
Or at least new to me.
Which brings me nicely up to the black Keys.
Got there new album El Camino.
Its great.
I love it.
I havent listend to anything else they have done for risk they might ruin it.
Just Like the Editors did by making good singles, boring albums.
I love the production,
I love the sound,
I love the songs.
I would love to be in a band that sounds this good.
Which is my problem.
Yesterday I wanted to be in a band that sounds like Clutch or Sleep.
I just cant make up my mind where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment