Saturday 17 March 2012

The happiest goth in the room

I went to a gig last night despite feeling like death.
My friend plays synth in a goth band I I've not had the chance to see them yet.
It was in a bar in town I like.
Its got an old school vibe to it.
The toilets are filled with graffiti.
The only problems are,
One,
there, for some insane reason, is no heating.
Two,
I am for all intents beyond skint.
Three,
at about nine it fills with hipster's.
My friends band where playing upstairs.
There was some sort of hipster band playing downstairs.
They looked like we owed them something and they sounded terrible.
Everything I hate about modern music.
But i wasn't there to see them.
I was there to see my friends band.
Their called Action Directe.
I'd say their a industrial, goth, punk band.
They where fun.
The only band on, as the other pulled last min.
They played for thirty minutes.
They made me wish I was in a band.
But fear not.
I'm not going to go on about how much I miss it,
even though I do.
My friend in the bands girlfriend wants to jam.
She has even expressed an interest in maybe starting a band with me.
I'm like a kid at christmas.
Even though its nothing in stone the chance that I might get to jam/play in a band again is excellent.
Even if it does end up being angry goth punk with synths in.
Not that thats a bad thing, just not the band I though I'd end up in.
I'll have to try and steer it towards being more like Depech Mode.
The fact that it might happen.
Thats enough for me.
I'll have to get all my demos and stuff in order.
Time to show of my music CV as it where.
I have demos covering a wide range of music styles.
From Chap hop to ISIS style ambient.
Just have to find the right ones.
Or the good ones at least.
Think I'll use the NIN style ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment