Thursday 8 March 2012

Were here to sell out and stuff

In movies and TV there are lots of made up bands.
A lot of times their better than most real bands.
Sometimes you get to see them.
Tenacious d, Flight of the Concords.
Sometimes though there are bands we wont/don't/cant get to see live.
Stillwater, Hangmans joke.
Two bands I would love to see live are
Jeffster from Chuck
and,
Sex Bomb Omb from Scot Pilgrim vs the world.
Both great bands from a great show and movie.
Both of which feature great sound tracks.
Jeffster do covers.
Their covers stick in my head better than the originals.
As a group their just so weird.
On vox a awkward sex pest.
On synth/guitar a odd ball sex pest.
They are both unparalleled stalkers.
Their a great comedy duo.
A fifteen minute set would be enough.
I know they've done sets a comic cons.
If I want to see them I'll have to hope they play another comic con,
and that I'm there.
But America is a long way to travel to see a Fifteen minute comedy set that in all probability wont be very good.
Though I could be proven wrong.
Sex Bomb Omb.
The hand full of tracks we have for them are brilliant.
All featured on the fantastic soundtrack CD.
Short, punchy grunge of the college variety.
From the movie we can tell that they go all in for their live performances.
Even if they are cut short for battles with evil ex's.
If we could get the actors together again we could get them to perform a set.
Would they play live?
Probably not.
Not unless we paid them a lot.
Sadly.
But it would rock.
Even if we had just paid through the nose for a five song set.
Would I travel to America to see them?
Only if they played at CBGB's.
And they cant.
Because like the band sadly it doesn't exist.
...
When I went to go guitar browsing,
and came away with my Cobain Jaguar,
and a thousand quid lighter.
Totally worth it though.
I was going to jam out "Garbage Truck" by Sex Bomb Omb.
Been a favourite of mine to play for awhile now.
Good for getting a feel for the guitar.
Easy/sludgy and fun to play.
Someone else testing out guitars started to play it before me.
I smiled and laughed.
Proof that even if a band doesn't technically exist.
Their songs can still be better than half the crap on the radio today.

No comments:

Post a Comment