Tuesday 20 March 2012

Jamming, not masturbating, by my self

I have a Boss RC-2
Anyone familiar with this pedal will know what its all about.
If not don't worry.
I'm about to go on about it.
Its a looper pedal.
It records what you play in to it and plays it back to you.
Its great for jamming to yourself.
One of my favourite things to play is Breath by Pink Floyd.
I just have to play the main riff.
Record it.
Then jam over the top of it.
easy as pie.
Though sometimes you can mess up the timing.
For this reason I've not tried been a one man band with it.
in the bed room you can forgive any little mess ups with timing.
Though been me I cant sit with it.
It ruins a perfectly good solo.
Missing a tenth of a beat can really throw you of your stride.
But its great for jamming out new ideas.
Just make sure its last in the effect chain.
Last night I decided to learn the Powerhouse B riff.
You'll know it if you hear it.
Its the theme to Honey I shrunk the kids.
Anyway, I recorded the bass part then jammed the main riff over.
Couldn't stop myself from grinning.
I decided to try it with some delay/reverb,
See how it sounded.
I have a line six Spider.
It added the effects to both the bass and the guitar making the riff sound terrible.
Lesson I learnt last night.
The line six is always number one in the effects chain.
Boss RC-2.
Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment