Saturday 28 January 2012

First Gig of the year

So last night was the first gig of the year.
Four Year Strong, supported by some forgettable names.
Don Bronco and Marmozets plus someone else.
Don Bronco where alright, but I've heard it better else where.
I've already forgotten who they reminded me off.
The other guys where the same.
Good, but I forgot who they where.
Marmozets where just plain shit.
Melt Banana, Converge and The Locust all do it better.
The funny thing is not one of the other bands thanked them.
"You've all been awesome, stay tuned for Four year strong and whoever the other band where."
"You've been great, thanks to Don Bronco and stay tuned for Four year strong."
"Thank you everybody, we'd like to say thanks to Don Bronco and the other guys."
Shows the impression they left on the bands.
Why where they even on before Don Bronco?
Even the crowd wasn't impressed and normally that Unlistenable for Unlistenable shit really sells to a crowd of hipsters.
If you cant identify any of the bands on the bands t-shirts you know there only in it for the back stage access.
They where at my college at the same time as me.
Someone on another course warned me about them.
Beware their in Rock Sounds bands to watch this year.
Anyway,
Four Year Strong where great.
Its my first time seeing them live.
They had the crowd in their hands the moment they started to play.
Their heavy pop punk sound is great to watch live.
The crowd dancing and singing along.
Sixty minutes was just enough to stop from getting dull,
but long enough to make you want more.
Plus they are proof that beards do make you rock harder.
Was a good start to the year live.
Made me wish I was in a band again.
I just might go on www.joinmyband.co.uk and make a post.
wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment