Tuesday 10 January 2012

Number One on my Top Five

I just got paid so as  usual my cd collection has grown again.
Filling up the ranks this time are two new sound tracks.
The social Network and The Girl with the dragon tattoo.
Both by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.
Trent Reznor has been my of my favourite artists ever since the first time I heard Closer in a steamy nightclub filled with Goths.
The drum beat, that fantastic synth bass, the pervy lyrics.
Watching the girls dance like strippers.
I was hooked and like most guys watching the dance floor, more than likely drooling.
Im not going to lie and say that I've been a fan since the beginning.
I was six when pretty Hate Machine was released,
Id only just discovered my Mum and Dads Motown records.
But i like to think I've made up for lost time by collecting everything Reznor has released, and seeing him preform live every chance I got.
Yeah Reznor's giving away his music for free is beyond cool,
but I still buy every record he produces.
I even bought a copy of Q, god help me,  just to get the free U2 covers cd with one song on it.
Not that its a bad cd or anything.
Point is, in all the music I make I use Reznor as the measuring post.
Which is why I delete so many demos.
My laid back trip hop, or scratchy punk/grunge can never compete.
The best album Reznor has been involved with?
...
I couldn't say.
my money is on either Year Zero or Ghosts.
The worst?
...
I wouldn't say.

No comments:

Post a Comment