Saturday 14 April 2012

Nobody gets out alive

Tuesday just gone I was at a gig.
It was Skindred and Therapy?
It was a lot of fun.
I didn't feel to old at this gig.
Though by eleven I really wish I was at home with a cup of tea.
Their was some forgettable band as first support.
I forgot what they sounded like almost instantly.
The second support was Black Spiders.
They where good in a Clutch style texas rock way.
First of the two band I wanted to see was Therapy?
I've been a fan of them since i first got hold of Trouble Gum way back when.
It was great to sing along to their songs with a couple of hundred other people.
The sound man needs a kicking though.
The bass clipped the whole way through the set.
Skindred where ace.
Benji was as always a brilliant front man.
They kept my attention the whole way through.
Even with their goofing around.
A great set from a great band.
As always I had my post gig takeaway.
Chicken Cottage.
Drowned in chllie sauce.
As we sat in the take away a bunch of white, teacher/bank manager types decided to have a argument outside.
Lots of pushing at each other and shouting.
A Jamaican customer in the shop turned to us and said,
in his thick accent.
"the problem with you white boys is dat when you fight you flap like peacocks."
Cracked me up all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment