Monday 2 April 2012

Were on a mission

I wouldn't say I was in to musicals.
Of the top of my head I can think of maybe three I like.
3. Moulin Rouge.
I like the plot and the way they use modern songs.
2. South Park the movie.
I dare anyone not to laugh at the songs in that movie.
That brings me to number one,
Blues Brothers.
I know.
Its pretty much everyones favourite musical.
Even if half the fans didn't realise it was a musical.
Its got great tunes.
Everyone a classic in their own right.
Great musicians.
All the top of their game.
Funny as hell.
Slapstick and good set ups.
Instantly quotable.
I could write a whole new blog to fill with quotes from this movie.
Iconic.
The car, the suits.
It's the highest selling blues record of all time.
Which is epic in its own right.
Especially as it has a country song on it.
Its just a great movie all round.
I have spent many an hour learning songs from it.
Dan, the man, Aykroyd is the sole reason I try to play the harmonica.
I love that movie.
The less said about its sequel the better.
Its not that they tried,
because the line up is great,
its that they failed to capture the feel of the first.
I think thats all to do with timing.
The music is of its time.
Still timeless.
but of its time.
You can guarantee if they tried to make a third it would have Sea Sick Steve in it.
Who by they way is great.
...
I think I'll watch it tomorrow.
Its been a while.
But for now I'll listen to the sound track one more time as I dust of my harp and try again to learn this blasted instrument.
Its the bend.
If I can crack that I'm home free.

No comments:

Post a Comment