Tuesday 17 April 2012

They did it better

I've spent most of the afternoon making some music on my synth.
Its a K station Bass synth by Novation.
I love it.
Hundreds of pre set effects,
and plenty of space to make your own.
I set it up and played a nice haunting synth sound.
Used my Boss RC-2 to record it.
Put the synth down and picked up my guitar.
Played Deftones's song change.
Great fun.
It got me in the mood to try and write some new music.
Set up my gear and recorded away.
I have a riff I've been playing with for awhile now on my bass.
I recorded that.
Put a haunting synth,
My favourite kind,
underneath.
Put a simple guitar riff on top.
Nothing special.
This was just the intro.
I could see this song stretching up past ten minutes or so.
I sat back to do some basic effects mixing and such.
Thats when it hit me.
It sounded like Tool.
Killer, I love Tool.
Problem is it sounded way to much like Tool.
To the point where I'm sure they've already recorded it.
This happens way to often.
Just when I think I have a killer riff,
something with that x factor that makes a song,
turns out someone has already done it.
Nuts.
I've saved the song till I can find out which one it is.
Though I might just finish it.
Hopefully when its done it wont sound to much like Tool that they'll sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment