Friday 27 April 2012

Old punk, new tunes

I recently went out to tear it up.
like back when I was Nineteen.
A whooping Ten years ago.
I could have had a Ten year old kid by now.
In fact some of my friends do.
Anyway.
We went to the Cockpit.
A nightclub/venue in Leeds city center.
I've had some great nights there seeing bands,
and drinking the night away.
They have three room.
one plays cheese.
Everything from Prince to Backstreet Boys.
The main room plays whatever is popular.
I'm not sure how they gauge that nowadays.
Whats trending is my guess.
I dont know.
The third plays Indie as far as I can remember.
I didn't get in to the third room.
It was packed.
The whole place was to be honest.
First things first.
Christ was it loud.
It was ear splitting.
The first room you end up in,
the main,
was playing Dub step.
So as you can imagine i was less than pleased.
But fear not.
They played one song in the whole night.
In the main room,
where i spent most of the night,
they played good old rock, punk, ska, etc.
Everything I wanted.
It was like they had read my mind.
Does that mean my mind is on twitter?
...
Anyway,
I'm so glad my Girl Friend had some spare ear plugs.
Jesus it was loud.
I knew I was gonna have a head ache from all the head banging i was doing.
I didn't need the ringing in my ears too go with it.
Secondly.
Has none of the youth of today seen anyone ska dancing?
It was like a bunch of pilgrims watching a heaven try to conjure rain.
They where spell bound.
I soon had a circle round me.
Maybe they all though I'd gone mad,
and felt the need to go for a quick jog,
with out ever moving from the spot I was on.
Thirdly.
Never, never let me drink Newcastle brown again.
I used to have a teenage tradition.
When ever a song of tragic Kingdom by No Doubt came on,
 other than Don't speak.
Try not to be shocked but they did have more than one song.
I would buy, drink and dance to the song.
Dont ask why,
I cant remember.
I told my friend this tradition.
And by odd's of odd's just a girl came on.
sure enough he got me a bottle and i danced whilst trying to drink the rancid filth.
I must have truly grown out of it.
Anyway he bumped in to me,
apologised and ran off,
and before you could say just a girl.
He'd bought me a new bottle to replace the one he thought I'd dropped.
So now i had two bottles to neck.
Joy.
After that I was on to the coke.
As in Pepsi not the class A drug.
...
Final note.
Will all you young fellas please, please stop bro hugging in the mens.
Some of us need to piss.
Bro hug outside where passers by can view how your down with your bros.
I dont need it whilst I'm trying to piss.


No comments:

Post a Comment